This was an awesome interview I conducted. My hope is that you will learn and grow through some of Ryan’s life experiences. You can also follow Ryan on Twitter.
1) Dream Muscle Athletes: Tell us a little about yourself. Such as,
Name: Ryan Junge
Home location: Omaha Nebraska
Sport: Professional Soccer in the MISL
Profession and educational background: I graduated from Creighton University in 2007 with a degree in Advertising
Years in sport of any kind: I’ve been active in sports since I was 4!
Sports participated in: I have played football, baseball, track, and soccer
Years in current sport: 22 years What got you started: when I was 5 years old!
2) Dream Muscle Athletes: What is your biggest accomplishment in your sports career?
Ryan: I’d have to say my biggest accomplishment in my entire career had to be when I got drafted to play in the MLS and in my second season with the Columbus Crew we won the MLS Championship.
3) Dream Muscle Athletes: What one or two things do you currently do in your training that are keys to your success?
Ryan: I approach every practice like I’m new to the game. There is always room to improve in your game and its been said before by many greats in every sport “the day I know it all is the day I retire”
4) Dream Muscle Athletes: What would be your ultimate achievement?
Ryan: I want to become my own business owner but before that I would love to become a devoted husband with a wonderful family
5) Dream Muscle Athletes: How do you set your goals?
Ryan: I don’t really set goals I guess. I just strive to succeed in whatever it is that I have put on my plate
6) Dream Muscle Athletes: What is your biggest challenge, and what do you do to manage this challenge?
Ryan: My biggest challenge would have to be myself. I doubt myself sometimes, I don’t like to toot my own horn about my achievements but I also don’t acknowledge them when I probably should.
7) Dream Muscle Athletes: What is your diet like?
Ryan: Any and everything haha. I try and stay with healthy eating habits in the season but in the offseason its tough to keep that same diet plan.
8) Dream Muscle Athletes: What 1-2 things do you believe differentiates you from your contemporaries who have fell off in their athletic participation and abilities?
Ryan: I’ve always wanted to keep going no matter what. I don’t like quitting and don’t like losing.
9) Dream Muscle Athletes: Do you have any recommended resources to share (books, seminars, websites, coaches)? Ryan: I’ve always loved following professional greats like Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Jerry Rice, etc.
10) Dream Muscle Athletes: Have you experienced a breakthrough, and if so, what led to it?
Ryan: I experience a breakthrough everyday just by waking up. Each day is never a given, so I am thankful each time I wake up to the annoying alarm on my phone
11) What was the best advice you were ever given?
Ryan: Do what you want but do it well
12) Dream Muscle Athletes: Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by?
Ryan: my mom always told me growing up to “believe and achieve” so I guess I’ve followed that saying for most of my life.
13) Dream Muscle Athletes: Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Ryan: I always draw it from my family and friends. People who know me know how much of a meaning they have in my life. No meaning is to small.
14) Dream Muscle Athletes: How many times in the last year have you been to see a physician, and why (only what you’re comfortable sharing)?
Ryan: I rarely go! i try to maintain good health.
15) Dream Muscle Athletes: Anything else you’d like to share?
Ryan: I’ve enjoyed the questions! Hopefully I get to see some folks out at the Comets games this upcoming season!
Dream Muscle Athletes: Also who was your role model growin up?
Ryan: My parents were and still are my biggest! I really looked up to Jerry Rice and Michael Jordan just because those guys knew exactly how to do the right thing in the right situation.
To all athletes: Sports do not define you, they incline you. Sports do not destroy you, they deploy you into your destiny.
If you are interested in sharing your story, send us an email: dreammuscle at gmail.com