Thank you so much for taking the time to read the interview we conducted with an indoor football standout Allan Stroud. Our mission at Dream Muscle Athletes “to inspire athletes beyond the field.”
1. Dream Muscle Athletes: Tell us your name and your hometown? I’m Allan Stroud from Newark, New Jersey.
2. Dream Muscle Athletes: Where did you play college football? I didn’t play college football, I played basketball at the University of Maine at Presque Isle. It was a culture shock for me being far from home and I also had the opportunity to experience a different climate of weather. It wouldn’t stop snowing.
3. Dream Muscle Athletes: What do you do to manage your time effectively? Time management was very challenging in college. Having to practice, make study hall, individual workouts as well as trying to maintain a social life took some time getting used to; sacrifices definitely had to be made.
4. Dream Muscle Athletes: Talk about your professional football career? I’m definitely grateful for the opportunity to have played for The Kansas City Renegades. There were high points and low points to being an out-of-state player, but a few of my teammates were in the same situation.It was more motivation and inspiration and it became a great support system for me as well as for them. I plan on taking this opportunity as far as I can take it. I would love to move up to the next level, whether it is AFL, CFL or NFL.
5. Dream Muscle Athletes: Talk about your family life? I have a younger sister and father. My mother passed. I have no wife or children.
6. Dream Muscle Athletes: Who has inspired you on your journey? I’ve been inspired by friends and my family has definitely given me the confidence and support to pursue my dreams.
8. Dream Muscle Athletes: Do you have a faith?Being away from home and not bringing my vehicle was a little difficult. It was hard for me to find a church, so a few of my teammates and I would pray everyday just for the strength to make it through each day. But later on in the season, we were able to find a couple of local churches to attend.
8. Dream Muscle Athletes: If you had any advice to give to a young kid, what would it be? I would tell the kids, “if you believe in God and yourself, there is nothing that you cannot accomplish.”
Dream Muscle Athletes: Anything else you would like to add? Being able to play professional football on any level is a blessing. There are many people from my city who may have more talent than me, but can’t see themselves going that far in life. Some have made bad decisions that may prevent them from pursuing their dreams and others lack of faith. Going back home after the season; so many people from my neighborhood, school, work, etc were congratulating me and told me how much of an inspiration I was to them and I encouraged them to go after their dreams.
Thank you so much for your support. If you would like us to conduct an interview with you. Please send us an email: DREAMMUSCLE@gmail.com
Dream Muscle Worldwide